Dakota Johnson Talks 'The Lost Daughter' & Her Upcoming Directorial Debut

Dakota Johnson Talks 'The Lost Daughter' & Her Upcoming Directorial Debut

Dakota Johnson is opening up about her latest projects on the December/January cover of Town and Country.

The 32-year-old actress spoke with the magazine about her new film The Lost Daughter and her forthcoming directorial debut.

Click inside to find out what she said…

On summing up the post-vaccine return to joy, like the tradition of having dance parties during the promotion of The Lost Daughter, the new film Dakota stars in: “The thing is, people are not behaving normally. If you go to a party, you f–king rage.”

On her character in The Lost Daughter: “Nina was this girl who is so much more than she appears to be and is so hungry to be seen. It was an honesty that I hadn’t seen in a film about women who are imperfect and cut open and not always pretty.”

On having conversations with her own mother about the topics The Lost Daughter explores including motherhood, sacrifice, self- worth, and regret: “I actually spoke to her a few weeks ago. I was like, ‘Is there something that you dreamed of doing that you never did?’ And she said, ‘No. I wanted to be a mother, and I wanted to have a family.’ That was her thing.”

On directing her first feature in 2022; the project has not been announced but will take place on a ‘mythical island’: “We talked about someone else directing, but then I was dreaming about it, having ideas all the time. It’s in my bones, this story. I’m like, ‘Is this too soon?’ But it’s happening. I’m gonna do it.”

Maggie Gyllenhaal, the director of The Lost Daughter, on Dakota’s character: “Nina is so gorgeous. Her sexuality is the currency with which she moves through the world. And then she finds herself all of a sudden at—I don’t know, 30—starving.”

Maggie on how Dakota sought out the project and when the pair first met over lunch to discuss the movie: “Dakota said to me, ‘I want to go deep. I want to do a film where I get to explore the things that are on my mind. And some of those things are unusual and painful.’”

Last month, Dakota and Maggie talked about the “safe environment” on the set of The Lost Daughter.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3roHPZh

No comments:

Post a Comment