Phoebe Dynevor Opens Up About Her Life After 'Bridgerton': 'I Have a Fear of Failure'

Phoebe Dynevor Opens Up About Her Life After 'Bridgerton': 'I Have a Fear of Failure'

Phoebe Dynevor is getting candid about her life after Bridgerton.

In a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK, the 26-year-old actress opened up about how her life changed after her hit Netflix show and admitted that she struggled to handle the pressures of her newfound fame.

Click inside to read more…

“I don’t think anyone knows how to handle that. I worry about everything,” she shared. “I’m full of anxiety. I have a fear of failure, letting someone down, contradicting myself. You see what it is for your mental health to be in the public eye.”

“I meditate, I have a therapist, I walk every day,” she said of how she copes with the pressure. “There are things I do to ground myself, because it’s quite hectic at the moment.”

She went on to say, “What I’ve started to realize about this industry is that the highs can be really high, but the lows can be really low, so it’s finding that middle ground and centering oneself. It’s really important for me and my sanity to work on projects that I love and develop characters that I think are really interesting – that’s the excitement for me.”

She said of Bridgerton‘s success, “I thought it was just another project. I didn’t think anyone was going to care. We were all in lockdown, stuck at home and nothing changed. In the first season, people were saying to me, ‘You know this could be huge,’ but you don’t ever believe that, and you will never understand what it feels like until it happens to you. It’s quite out-of-body and weird. It was only when we started being able to leave the house again and there were photographers outside – which was really scary – that I realized if I went out in my pyjamas, there might be someone taking pictures.”

Phoebe is set to reprise her role as Daphne Briderton in season 2 and will also be playing pioneering ceramic artist Clarice Cliff in the biopic The Colour Room.

“My dad loves her and has a few of her pieces. I didn’t know much about her, I just knew her designs,” she said of Clarice. “Her story absolutely fascinated me – a woman coming from a working-class background, working up to running a whole pottery. It was an incredible achievement, so it was exciting to me to be able to play a character like that, particularly after Daphne, because in almost every way, they are polar opposites.”

It was recently announced that the actress would be taking on an exciting new project at Amazon

For more from Phoebe, visit HarpersBazaar.com.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3AhOuFs

No comments:

Post a Comment