Simone Biles Confirms Why She Withdrew From Gymnastics Event at Olympics: 'I Have to Focus on My Mental Health'

Simone Biles Confirms Why She Withdrew From Gymnastics Event at Olympics: 'I Have to Focus on My Mental Health'

Simone Biles is confirming why she withdrew from a gymnastics team event at the 2021 Olympics.

The 24-year-old star athlete confirmed she is physically feeling “good,” but she needs to focus on her mental health. The statement released by the USA Gymnastics organization said she had a “medical issue.”

Click inside to see what Simone Biles said after she withdrew from the team event at the Olympics…

Simone said (via CNN), “Whenever you get in a high stress situation you kind of freak out. I have to focus on my mental health and not jeopardize my health and wellbeing.”

“We have to protect our body and our mind,” she continued. “It just sucks when you’re fighting with your own head.”

She added that her and her teammates are “not just athletes, we’re people at the end of the day.”

“Physically, I feel good, I’m in shape,” Simone added. “Emotionally, that kind of varies on the time and moment. Coming to the Olympics and being head star isn’t an easy feat, so we’re just trying to take it one day at a time and we’ll see.”

“I’m OK, just super frustrated of how the night, but super proud of these girls and now we’re silver medalists. Something we’ll cherish forever. We hope America still loves us,” Simone added. Team USA won silver after Simone withdrew.

The team is planning to have a “mental rest day” tomorrow. Find out which celebs are showing support for Simone after her brave decision.

We’re wishing Simone Biles well!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3rGUsNh

No comments:

Post a Comment