Rita Moreno Explains Why She'll Never Retire

Rita Moreno Explains Why She'll Never Retire

Rita Moreno is opening up about West Side Story and her long career.

The 89-year-old star got candid in an interview with Variety.

Here’s what she had to say…

Click inside to read more…

On winning an Oscar for West Side Story: “It’s the last thing I ever expected. That’s not something you say to yourself: ‘Oh, this is going to get me an Oscar.’ At least, I don’t think that way. Possibly some actors may, but I certainly never thought in a million years that this little Puerto Rican girl was going to be nominated.”

On what to expect from the remake: “I love the way they did ‘America.’ It’s completely different from the rooftop ‘America’ that we did, and believe me, that’s a terrific thing. Spielberg and [choreographer] Justin [Peck] decided they weren’t going to compete with something that’s so iconic.”

On why she’ll never retire: “I love what I do. The only way I can retire is if I can’t walk. And even then, there’s always a wheelchair — or roller skates.”

Watch the trailer for the remake right now!

For more from Rita Moreno, head to Variety.com.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3or12Yy

No comments:

Post a Comment