Lizzo Gets Candid About Fatphobia & Racism After Her Tearful Message

Lizzo Gets Candid About Fatphobia & Racism After Her Tearful Message

Lizzo is getting real about reactions to her online.

The 33-year-old “Rumors” superstar made an appearance on Good Morning America.

“I don’t mind critique about my music. I don’t even mind the fat comments. I just feel like it’s unfair sometimes the treatment that people like me receive,” she said of recently breaking down on social media.
Click inside to read more…
“People are like, ‘Don’t let them see you with your head down.’ My head is always up, even when crying. But I know it is my job as an artist to reflect the times and this s–t should not fly, this shouldn’t be okay,” she continued.

“Black women have been in this industry and innovating it forever. It is unfortunate that we are the ones who do suffer from the marginalization the most and the erasure the most. I feel like if it weren’t for the internet or social media I could have been erased,” she went on to point out.

“But I chose to be undeniable and chose to be loud and chose to be great and I am still here, it’s difficult. Just remember that self-love is a journey and there will be beautiful days looking in the mirror like ‘Ooh’ and other days like ‘Nope.’ But all of those days is an opportunity to love yourself.”

Another superstar recently stood up for Lizzo after she broke down into tears.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3j3vBRn

No comments:

Post a Comment