Lizzo Accidentally Manifested a Breakup With Her Ex

Lizzo Accidentally Manifested a Breakup With Her Ex

Lizzo is opening up about her powerful songwriting skills.

The 33-year-old “Truth Hurts” singer got candid in an interview with Zane Lowe on New Music Daily on Apple Music 1.

Here’s what she had to say…

Click inside to read more…

On the first verse of “Rumors” and manifestation: “Here’s the Apple exclusive. I said ‘my ex, he blew it.’ Now, the tea is, I wrote that. I’m almost a self-fulfilling prophecy sometimes because I was in a relationship during the quarantine and that person, I was with that person when I wrote it. It wasn’t even about him. It was a reference back to ‘Truth Hurts’ and then we broke up [laughs] It’s not funny. It’s not funny. What is life? That first verse of ‘Rumors,’ I’ve been worried about it. A lot of the things that I say did happen, but not before I wrote them. They were maybe on the way to happening. Then, after I wrote them, all those things really happened. They were all references to things that happened to me in the last two or three years, but then after I wrote it, literally I wrote the song in February, the breakup, losing good friends in my life, all of that really came to a head afterwards. I was like, ‘What the…’

On dedicating the Grammys to Kobe Bryant last year: “[It was] one of the most bittersweet days. I just felt like everyone was so sad and mourning, and losing an icon the same day as that day in the same venue, I was like, ‘This whole night is dedicated to Kobe.’ I wasn’t watching TV, I didn’t have my phone on me, and my very close friend, I got to hear it from her. I had to hear it from her. I’m on the carpet, and I was just numb. With no personal connection to this person, except for my heart and my childhood and my life. I’m opening the show, so I get back and I’m like, ‘Okay.’ I say, ‘Please give me 60 extra seconds to just dedicate this performance,’ and they were like, ‘We can’t really give you too much time.’ But then turns out we had built in the track. After the orchestra played, there was an extended break. It was too long in rehearsal and I was like, ‘This is a little too long, but let’s keep it that way. I might get nervous.’ And then I was like, ‘You know what? Don’t even worry about it. I’m going to say it right here,’ and I said, ‘Tonight is for Kobe.’ That was just the beginning of the GRAMMYs. Winning that award, I had a whole speech planned, but I’m like, ‘I’m the first award of the night. I can’t walk up here in his house and just say, ‘So I just want to thank my-’ I’m like, ‘No, this is my opportunity right now to be an artist that is connected.’ What I do is make people feel good. What I do is remind people of who they are, and stepping up when I need to step up.”

On women in rap: “Here we are and people go f–king nuts. There’s something about us, man. And there were women rapping, and there always have been. It feels like the flood gates have opened. I feel like where it was difficult to get through, and you had to be exceptional or you had to have the right co-sign or you had to have help, now it’s just like, ‘Bitch was good.’ A big butt and a smile, and I got eight bars. What’s good? Let’s go. Like, I love it. I don’t want it to stop. I want it to keep going. I want a whole festival where it’s just girls rapping, and not because they’re girls, just because we’re the best ones.”

She also opened up about a DM exchange with a certain MCU heartthrob!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3iGxYsS

No comments:

Post a Comment