Kelly Clarkson Says That The First Cast Thought 'American Idol' Was A Joke

Kelly Clarkson Says That The First Cast Thought 'American Idol' Was A Joke

Kelly Clarkson was the original American Idol, and in a new interview, opened up about how the first season cast really felt about the show.

The 39-year-old singer sat down with Kevin Hart on his Hart to Heart series, and recalled her time on the popular singing competition show.

Click inside to read more…

Kelly admitted that the cast “all thought it was kind of a joke.”

“I mean, we didn’t think it was gonna come of anything,” she added. “We were the first season of ‘American Idol’, so we were there for that pay check that [SAG-AFTRA, also known as the Screen Actors Guild, a labor union for performers and others in the entertainment industry] gives you, to pay for some bills. Nobody knew that anything would actually come to fruition.”

Kelly continued, saying that she “skipped the surreal part. Like…it really doesn’t matter to me, in the best sense. It matters, but it matters for the worth that I give it. I love singing, and I love, you know, what [I’m] able to do with [my] spotlight, but because I skipped all that so fast and I was thrown in, there was no time for people to really drill me on, ‘You have to do this, you have to be this.’”

Check out her full interview below:

Over the weekend, Kelly was spotted on a girls’ trip to Vegas!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3yVPuPy

No comments:

Post a Comment