Anitta Opens Up About Learning to Ignore Negative Social Media Comments - Listen Now

Anitta Opens Up About Learning to Ignore Negative Social Media Comments - Listen Now

Anitta is getting candid about social media in a brand new interview.

The 28-year-old Brazilian performer was a guest on the latest episode of the Spout Podcast where she discussed her latest single, how she deals with negative comments, her friendship with Mariah Carey and more.

Anitta revealed that she was slightly nervous to release her first song where she’s singing entirely in English, “Girl from Rio” featuring DaBaby.

“I think there’s, like, a pressure not from my side because nowadays I don’t care anymore,” she explained, adding, “We don’t see like, Brazilian artists coming out and you know, having a career outside and singing in another language. So it’s like a new experience for everyone, for me for Brazilians, for Americans, for everyone.

She also opened up about learning to ignore hate comments she received on social media.

“Sometimes I caught myself looking at comments and checking what people were saying, their opinions, and then I started to search about these people,” she admitted. “Okay, so this person is [saying] whatever about me and I clicked on the link and it’s a fake profile. So, let’s see, if this person doesn’t have the courage to say something and show his or her face, it means something. It means this person is already not confident with herself. So this person is a nobody.”

She continued, “At the end of the day, what matters is if you are happy. What you’re doing is making you happy, doesn’t matter if other people think it’s good or not. So that’s my mentality nowadays. I just don’t care. I don’t care at all.”

When asked about people who inspire her, Anitta shared that she regards Mariah Carey as one of her biggest inspirations and opened up about their friendship.

“She’s the best,” she said. “She took me out of a one day of depressing, crying… and she just gave me the best advice and I was like, oh my God, that’s everything I needed to hear from someone and from her, it’s even like more… She changed my life. I told her this. It’s crazy. She’s my number one person for sure and also my family.”

Check out the full podcast below!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3eP0HcK

No comments:

Post a Comment