Vin Diesel Almost Backed Out Of 'Fast & Furious' Role After Second Guessing The Film

Vin Diesel Almost Backed Out Of 'Fast & Furious' Role After Second Guessing The Film

Vin Diesel is well known for playing Dom in the Fast & Furious franchise.

The 53-year-old actor has been a staple in the movies since the first one came out in 2001, which centered on Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker), an undercover cop, who is tasked with discovering the identities of a group of unknown automobile hijackers led by Dominic Toretto (Diesel).

Speaking on Entertainment Weekly‘s podcast this week, Vin revealed that he second guessed the film after he read the initial script.

Click inside to see why Vin Diesel almost backed out of the “Fast & Furious” film…

While talking with hosts Derek Lawrence and Chanelle Berlin Johnson, Vin opened up about why he almost backed out.

“Universal ended up being involved in the release of Pitch Black, the only other movie I had done of that size, and so they said, ‘We got this movie that’s about illegal street car racing, and we want you to play this character, who’s a tough guy, outlaw, with a heart and a code,’” he shared. “Then they describe that scene you see in the first movie, where the camera goes through my eye and down my arm and into the engine, and that’s the only thing they described. And I said, ‘Yes, I’m in!’”

However, after initially saying yes, Vin started to second guess his decision.

“The next day I’m supposed to go the premiere in Australia for Pitch Black, and I read the script and I go…” Vin paused and let out a disappointing sigh. “I’m conflicted here, because this script is not what I thought it would be.”

However, the script got an overhaul, thanks to writer David Ayer.

“The irony is, I felt like I had gotten what the character wanted to be in the first script, but I felt there were things conflicting with this truth — and that’s where David came in,” Vin added.

He went on, “I remember him saying, ‘The Dom character is so complex, I’ve never seen anything like it since Alonzo.’ I appreciated that he was able to see the complexities of the character… And some other characters needed some fine-tuning as well, like the Letty character. I’m just so lucky they were open to it all and that they really wanted me to feel great and confident about it. That’s not the normal Hollywood story — but my Hollywood story has never been the normal Hollywood story.”

The newest trailer for F9 was just released. Check it out here!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/335igiw

No comments:

Post a Comment