Daniel Craig Says He Was 'Giddy' When He Was Offered His Role in 'Knives Out'

Daniel Craig Says He Was 'Giddy' When He Was Offered His Role in 'Knives Out'

Daniel Craig is getting candid about his role in Knives Out!

The 53-year-old James Bond actor appeared on SiriusXM’s Lunch with Bruce podcast where he talked about his reaction to getting an offer for the film and how excited he was to work with his co-stars.

Click inside to read more…

Daniel and host Bruce Bozzi began by recalling a night where they went to a gay bar in LA.

“I’ve been going to gay bars for as long as I can remember,” the actor said. “One of the reasons, because I don’t get into fights in gay bars that often… Because the aggressive d–k swinging in hetero bars… I don’t want to end up eating in a punch up. And I did. That would happen quite a lot.”

He continued, “And it would just be a good place to go. Everybody was chill, everybody. You didn’t really have to sort of state your sexuality. It was okay. And it was a very safe place to be. And I could meet girls there, cause there are a lot of girls there for exactly the same reason I was there. It was kind of, you know, it was an ulterior motive.”

Later in the interview, he discussed getting an offer for Knives Out.

“I read this thing and I laughed out loud the first time I read it and I read it again. And I laughed out loud when I read it,” Daniel said. “I was giddy because it just doesn’t happen. I mean, it rarely happens. You get a script as good as that.”

He then met with director Rian Johnson, who spoke with him briefly about the character, as well as the accent he’d have to do for the film.

“I mean, it was very quick,” he said. “I mean, I think I was only like four months later we were shooting. It was off the ground really, really quickly… I spent four months solidly working on this accent.”

He also gushed over his co-stars in the film, telling Bruce , “And then the cast started coming in and it was just like, like Jamie [Lee Curtis] and then Ana [de Armas]. Who’s just amazing. And then Mike Shannon and Chris Evans. It’s like, oh, Chris Evans is doing it. Like what? It’s like, I mean… they come and bring their A game.”

Daniel added that he was incredibly grateful for the deal the franchise ended up doing with Netflix.

“Netflix are incredible because they basically said go, ‘We wouldn’t need to see anything. Make the movies.’ It was like complete trust. So for us that’s the best because Rian needs to be left alone,” he explained.

Earlier this week, Daniel revealed what Queen Elizabeth II thought of his new James Bond film, No Time to Die. Check it out



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3au1RaS

No comments:

Post a Comment