Jessica Chastain Reveals the Role She Turned Down, Which Went to Jennifer Lawrence

Jessica Chastain Reveals the Role She Turned Down, Which Went to Jennifer Lawrence

Jessica Chastain is opening up about a movie role that she turned down, which eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence.

The two-time Oscar-nominated actress chatted about the role while being interviewed by Josh Horowitz for the Happy Sad Confused podcast.

“There’s so many parts where like, ‘Oh, so-and-so is going to do this.’ And then they fell out. Or I was going to do this and the I fell out, so then this person jumps in. It happens all the time and we never talk about it because you don’t want the articles out there like, ‘Imagine this person doing it,’” Jessica said.

Click inside to find out the role…

“I’ll give you one. I love David O. Russell… love, love, love, and I’ve always wanted to work with him. And I got offered American Hustle, the Jennifer Lawrence part. I wanted to do it. It conflicted with Liv Ullmann and Miss Julie. I had been attached to that for a long time and I worship Liv Ullmann, so I had to say like, ‘Sorry, there’s conflict.’ And it didn’t work out.”

Jessica then joked, “And it’s good that movie didn’t do well.”

Josh then brought up how it’s full circle that Jessica worked with Liv, because she just worked with her again on Scenes From a Marriage.

“That’s why I share that story, because honestly, she’s like a goddess to me and I worship her. Everything happens for a reason because Jennifer was also way better than I ever would’ve been in that part,” she said.

Jessica‘s friend Emily Blunt recently told the story of why she turned down a huge role.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3nGd9kb

No comments:

Post a Comment