Caitlyn Jenner Reacts to Texas' New Abortion Law: 'I Support Texas in That Decision'

Caitlyn Jenner Reacts to Texas' New Abortion Law: 'I Support Texas in That Decision'

Caitlyn Jenner is reacting to the highly restrictive anti-abortion law that was passed this week in Texas.

The new Senate Bill 8 now prohibits abortions after six weeks of pregnancy, which is before most people know they’re pregnant. It also allows private citizens to sue abortion clinics, doctors, or businesses they suspect are helping to carry out the abortion.

Caitlyn is currently running for Governor of California and in an appearance on CNN‘s New Day, the 71-year-old former Olympian and reality star shared her thoughts on the new bill.

Click inside to find out what she said…

“I am for a woman’s right to choose. I am also for a state having the ability to make their own laws,” she said on the show.

“So I support Texas in that decision, that’s their decision. I’m okay with that,” Caitlyn continued. “But as far as being a woman’s right to choose, I don’t see any changes in our laws in California in the future.”

Anchor Brianna Keilar asked, “But you’re fine with the Texas law? Even though you say that you support abortion rights, you are fine with a law that essentially outlaws abortion?”

“I think that they have the right in their state to do what they want to do. Now, do I agree with the decision or not? No. To be honest with you, I actually probably do not agree with the decision. But I agree that they do have the right to make their own decision,” Caitlyn replied.

Caitlyn recently made headlines for something she tweeted.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3zSSfBO

No comments:

Post a Comment