Billie Eilish Opens Up About Scrutiny About Her Sexuality & Her Hair

Billie Eilish Opens Up About Scrutiny About Her Sexuality & Her Hair

Billie Eilish is opening up about criticism and being under the magnifying lens of fame.

The 19-year-old Happier Than Ever star spoke out in an interview with Elle.

Here’s what she had to say…

On how as her fame has grown, she has endured relentless scrutiny on the internet for everything from the way she dresses to whom she dates: “Or my sexuality! Like, oh yeah, that’s everyone else’s business, right? No. Where’s that energy with men? I just wanted to make a song once, and then I kept making songs. I never said, ‘Hey, pay attention to my life.’ All my friends know I don’t wanna see any of [the negative chatter]. When people send me something mean, it hurts my soul.”

On dying her hair blonde and how it made her feel like ‘a new person’: “I couldn’t go anywhere with that hair because it was so obviously me. I wanted anonymity…the other day, I posted a video from when I had green hair, and I saw people go, ‘I miss this Billie, the green-haired Billie. I’m still the same person. I’m not just different Barbies with different heads.”

On feeling burned out on social media: “I’m jealous of people who don’t have it. I really wish that there was a way to avoid it. Literally delete my account but still have contact with the fans. I want to be able to have both, but you can’t.”

She also spoke about how she’s trying to figure out how to exist on the Internet.

For more from Billie Eilish, head to Elle.com.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3CDy7Vd

No comments:

Post a Comment