'Shang-Chi' Star Simu Liu Used to Dress Up as Spider-Man for Children's Birthday Parties

'Shang-Chi' Star Simu Liu Used to Dress Up as Spider-Man for Children's Birthday Parties

It turns out Simu Liu has been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for longer than you may have thought!

The 32-year-old actor revealed during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that before he scored the leading role in Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, he dressed up as Spider-Man for children’s birthday parties.

Click inside to find out more…

Simu recalled that when he was just starting out as an actor, he took on multiple part-time jobs to make a living.

He revealed that he spent one whole summer as an entertainer for kids birthday parties, which he described as “terrible.”

“I was a dress-up Spider-Man for kids’ birthday parties,” he said. “I did that for one summer. I roll up to these six-year-old parties and I would basically get assaulted by them for one hour. Nobody ever believed that I was the real Spider-Man!”

He continued, ” I worked for a company that was a little stingy, and I feel like if you had gotten a movie-quality suit and you showed up, some kids may actually [be convinced]. But I had a less Marvel, more Walmart [suit]. You know like the 1960s Spider-Man meme when they were pointing at each other? And so I showed up like that, and none of the kids knew what that Spider-Man even was. It was terrible.”

During his appearance on the show, Simu also shared the surprising movie he performed a scene from for his Shang-Chi audition!



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3mqhNSZ

No comments:

Post a Comment