Kim Kardashian Reveals the Impact Her 2013 Pregnancy Had on Her Self Esteem

Kim Kardashian Reveals the Impact Her 2013 Pregnancy Had on Her Self Esteem

Kim Kardashian is reflecting back on her 2013 pregnancy with North West, who is now 8 years old, and how she was treated by the media during that time.

In a new interview on We Are Supported By… podcast with hosts Kristen Bell and Monica Padman, the 40-year-old reality star spoke about her experience.

Click inside to read what she shared…

Kim began with, “I was not a good pregnant person. I was not a cute pregnant person. I did not like it.

“I hated it. I hated how I felt. I hate how I looked. I was so used to seeing my mom pregnant, my sister pregnant and everyone looking so cute and having these easy deliveries and it was great and they snapped right back. That wasn’t me,” she said. She added there were magazine covers comparing her to a whale in a “who wore it better” type scenario.

She said the media “really did brutalize me.”

She also said she was heavily compared to Kate Middleton at the time, who was also pregnant with her first child, Prince George.

“It was really, really crazy,” she said of the coverage. “It was like Kate the waif versus the whale. It was so nasty. I can’t really believe it. I don’t think it would really fly today, but it killed my self-esteem. I can’t believe that this was acceptable and that this was OK.”

Kim continued, “I would sit at home and cry all the time. I had this condition called preeclampsia and I didn’t know that I had it. It’s over-swelling in your feet and face. I had to deliver six weeks early with an emergency delivery and then I had another condition called Placenta accreta with both of my babies. It was insane.”

After giving birth, Kim was still impacted.

“We didn’t have a gym or anything and I was too embarrassed to go to a gym because I didn’t want people to look at me trying to lose weight,” she said.

“I gained 70 pounds. I would sit in my mom’s garage and it was literally probably 115 degrees in Calabasas in the summertime. I’d have my daughter in a stroller and I’d sit her in there and I would just workout in the garage and try to do anything I could until I did it,” Kim said.

“It really did change me and it made me pull back on what I shared [on social media] and just how much I wanted to give because I saw how nasty everyone was and it felt so bad,” she said.

Now, Kim said, “There is definitely a side of me that’s like be who you want to be and post what you want to post. Then there’s the other side of me that’s like oh I’m a mom, I’m 40, I gotta chill. I definitely wrestle with that idea in my mind.”

In the same interview, Kim revealed what Kanye helped her with.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/2VH8XFz

No comments:

Post a Comment