John Travolta Shares What He Told His Son Ben After Wife Kelly Preston's Death

John Travolta Shares What He Told His Son Ben After Wife Kelly Preston's Death

John Travolta is opening up about the emotional conversation that he had with his 10-year-old son Benjamin after his wife Kelly Preston died last year.

Kelly died in July 2020 at the age of 57 after a two-year battle with breast cancer.

John appeared on the latest episode of Kevin Hart‘s Peacock talk show Hart to Heart, where he discussed how his family is coping following the massive loss.

Click inside to find out what he said…

“[Ben] said to me once, ‘Because mom passed away, I’m afraid you’re going to,” John said (via ET Canada). “I said, ‘Well, it’s a very different thing.’ And I went through the differences about my longevity and her limited life.”

John continued, “I said, ‘But you know, Ben… you always love the truth and I’m going to tell you the truth about life. Nobody knows when they’re gonna go or when they’re going to stay. Your brother [Jett] left at 16. Too young. Your mother left at 57. That was too young. But who’s to say? I could die tomorrow. You could. Anybody can. So let’s look at it like it’s part of life. You don’t know exactly. You just do your best at trying to live the longest you can.’”

John said that Ben asked if he could remember things that happened 30 years ago.

“I said, ‘Yeah.’ He said, ‘Does 30 years ago seem like a long time?’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ He said, ‘Don’t you think you have 30 more years in your life to live?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I do. I have at least 30 more years.’ He said, ‘What’s wrong with that?’ This is a 10-year-old telling me that! It changed my viewpoint,” he said.

John shared a rare video with Ben just last month.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/385257s

No comments:

Post a Comment