Giacomo Giannotti Opens Up About Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Twist

Giacomo Giannotti Opens Up About Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Twist

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW!

Giacomo Giannotti is opening up about following the shocking ending on the mid-season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy.

If you haven’t read what happened, find out here!

Minutes after the episode aired, Giacomo took to his social media pages with a message for the fans.

“So much I could say… but all that comes to mind is thank you. Thank you to all the fans who loved Deluca as much as I did. Telling his story was and will be one of the great honors of my life. Thank you. @GreysABC,” he wrote.

In a separate interview, Giacomo reacted to the shocking twist that happened.

Click inside to see what Giacomo Giannotti shared about preparing for the episode…
Scroll down to read how Giacomo Giannotti prepared for the episode…

Giacomo notes that “in the beginning, it was strange. I felt like I had this dirty little secret, because none of my cast members — or really anyone on set — knew about this.”

“It was very, very internal between Krista and Debbie Allen and I and some of the key producers and writers, but as we got closer to the date, then the rest of the cast was informed, and yeah, then it was emotional, because then I felt that the secret was out,” he added in an interview with Deadline.

After that, everyone involved in Grey’s knew.

“Everybody knew, and everybody was, of course, very sad. I’ve been working with all of these people for seven seasons now, sometimes we joke about how we spend more time with each other than we do our families. Before Covid, we used to do 12 hours a day before 10. We spent a lot of time with each other, and so, although it’s a beautiful experience and I’m happy to be leaving in this way, and the story we get to tell is so beautiful, and I think it’s going to help a lot of people, I’m obviously sad to leave all my great, dear friends.”

Giacomo Giannotti as Andrew DeLuca on Grey's Anatomy

Giacomo also spoke about the chosen storyline for DeLuca, saying that the “human trafficking storyline that we had last season was so well viewed, and everyone really connected with that storyline because human trafficking is just such a huge problem globally, but also in the United States, and I think California is No. 1, where I live right now.”

“It’s a very big issue, so I’m not surprised that the episode that centered on it was very important and received as it was by the fans.”

He continues, “Because we had to shut down due to Covid, we didn’t get to finish telling that storyline. So, when we came back on June 17, they thought it would be great to bring back that storyline and close it out. What if we could catch that woman that trafficked that young girl, and what if DeLuca was to save the day but to lose his life in the process, to die a hero saving all these people and all these children who potentially could’ve been trafficked, but now will not be because the traffickers were stopped?”

“And I just thought it was a beautiful storyline, I thought it was a beautiful way for the character to exit as a hero.”

Don’t worry though, Giacomo will be back – as a director. Check out his tease below:

Grey’s Anatomy will be back again next week on Thursday, March 18.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3lg3AVZ

No comments:

Post a Comment