Elliot Page Covers 'Time,' Talks Coming Out as Transgender, Top Surgery, & More

Elliot Page Covers 'Time,' Talks Coming Out as Transgender, Top Surgery, & More

Elliot Page is fronting his very first magazine cover after coming out as transgender late last year and we’re highlighting his Time profile here!

Here’s what the 34-year-old The Umbrella Academy star had to share…

On how he feels after coming out: “This feeling of true excitement and deep gratitude to have made it to this point in my life mixed with a lot of fear and anxiety.”

On his marriage to Emma Portner, which ended last year: “We’ve remained close friends.”

On the isolation of the pandemic helping him understand his gender identity: “I had a lot of time on my own to really focus on things that I think, in so many ways, unconsciously, I was avoiding..I was finally able to embrace being transgender and letting myself fully become who I am.”

On his decision to get top surgery: “It has completely transformed my life.”

On having his platform: “My privilege has allowed me to have resources to get through and to be where I am today and of course I want to use that privilege and platform to help in the ways I can.”

On how he defines his sexuality right now: “During our interviews, Page will repeatedly refer to himself as a ‘transgender guy.’ He also calls himself nonbinary and queer, but for him, transmasculinity is at the center of the conversation right now. ‘It’s a complicated journey,’ he says, ‘and an ongoing process.’”

For more from Elliot, visit Time.com.



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/30Njvlh

No comments:

Post a Comment