Prince Charles Gave a Rare Interview About Fashion & Jokes His Style Is 'Like A Stopped Clock'

Prince Charles Gave a Rare Interview About Fashion & Jokes His Style Is 'Like A Stopped Clock'

Prince Charles is opening up in a very rare interview with British Vogue, speaking about something most wouldn’t associate him with – fashion.

His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, spoke to the publication about his involvement in The Modern Artisan, sustainable fashion and even spoke about finding a new normal within the pandemic.

On sustainable fashion: “Well, I’m one of those people who hate throwing anything away. Hence, I’d rather have them maintained, even patched if necessary, than to abandon them. The difficulty is, as you get older, you tend to change shape, and it’s not so easy to fit into the clothes. I can’t bear any waste, including food waste; I’d much rather find another use. Which is why I’ve been going on for so long about the need for a circular economy, rather than a linear one where you just make, take and throw away – which is a tragedy, because inevitably we over-exploit natural resources that are rapidly depleting.”

On finding a new normal: “I rather hope it [the pandemic] will accelerate awareness of what we need to do in order to rescue our world from disaster. We need to understand that nature and everything on this planet is interconnected; you cannot do one thing without having an impact somewhere else…There are wonderful things going on, but we need to scale up. This is why I’ve got the Sustainable Markets Initiative going – to try to build a global alliance between business and banking and investment and consumers. Because the consumer has immense power in deciding where to buy from, and the best companies will lead the way, we hope, in demonstrating that if you follow the right principles of operation, not only are you moving more and more towards net zero but also you’re removing pollution and emissions from supply chains.”

On his own style: “I thought I was like a stopped clock – I’m right twice every 24 hours. But no, I mean, I’m very glad you think it has style. I mind about detail and colour and things like that – and colour combinations. I’m lucky because I can find marvellous people who are brilliant makers of the things that I appreciate, and because of that, I try to keep them going for longer.”

If you didn’t seen, a new report suggested that Charles could have a new role in the royal family next year. Read more on that here…



from Just Jared https://ift.tt/3n5XIyv

No comments:

Post a Comment